Today was the 11th (also my Unbirthday for those who missed it), it was also 11 days until my cruise starts…and coincidently I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Not So Skinny Genes in which I must answer 11 questions. Should I play the lottery?
The Liebster Blog award is actually one that I am most proud of being nominated for, as “liebster” is German for “favorite.” I love my German heritage and being the favorite, so this works out perfectly.
A big thank you to Laura, who I adore following and consider a Liebster Blog of mine. Let’s tackle the top 11 questions she posed for me:
1. What could you change about or add to your life right now that would make you happier?
A goat and/or petting zoo. Realistic? Maybe not. But that’s my answer. Animals are the one thing (other than cake, ice cream, cupcakes, cookies and Disney) that bring me unconditional amounts of happiness.
2. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Favorite childhood memory is difficult, as I had so many. I had the trips to Disney that were always fun, growing up as a big sister was incredible, but the one that tops them all is Thanksgivings and Christmas family events. Being with family is absolutely my most favorite moments I have, and when it is on a holiday it just reminds me of how incredibly blessed I am to have them all. That includes extended family as well, I have a bunch of amazing aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins…etc.
3. What is your proudest accomplishment?
My proudest accomplishment is doing what I can to be a good daughter, sister, fiancé, aunt, friend, human being, etc. It may not always appear that way, but I have tried to do my best and for that I am proud.
4. Tell someone you love them… it’s not a question but I think it’s super important to do.
I tell more people I love them than most people do- and for the most part I mean it. But right now- for the purpose of saying it to someone who I cannot in everyday life: Matthew Christopher Konar- I love you. Despite the cruel and hurtful things you have said to me and your harsh opinions which you so proudly and freely offer, I still love you.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
At the moment, Kate Middleton. She is graceful and elegant while still independent and grounded. She is the epitome of a lady and a growing humanitarian.
6. If you had the ability to change the life of one person you know (or don’t know) for the better, how would you do this?
If I were to change a life for the better- family would come first (blood is thicker than water). The most common answer to this type of question is typically to give them money, but I don’t believe that money = happiness. If I could find a way to resolve health issues and ensure that my family could live long, healthy lives, then that is what I would change if I had the ability.
7. Gold or silver? Why?
White gold, as it’s the best of both worlds.
8. What is one thing that scares you?
Not accomplishing everything that I want to before my time comes to an end here.
9. Why do you blog?
Because I love it. I love every aspect of it from sharing fun things to meeting new people. Writing is a passion of mine and it captures that passion on a smaller and less formal level than writing a novel.
10. Blue + Red = ?
Bluered and sometimes purple.
11. What is one short-term and one long-term goal that you are working towards?
Short term goal is writing a book. Long term goal is traveling the world…and maybe owning a petting zoo.
And now I get to graciously award 11 fellow bloggers the Liebster Blog award, complete with 11 random questions for them to answer.
Ok that’s all I got. Sorry.
1. If you could go out to dinner with anyone in the world (alive, not dead-that’s just weird), who would it be and why?
2. More peanut butter or more jelly?
3. If you could take a vacation to anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
4. You win the jackpot with the lotto- what do you do?
5. If you could create anything, what would it be?
6. You are granted the ability to do whatever job you want- what is it?
7. Most favorite book is…?
8. Most favorite invention to date is?
9. If you could help the world in any one way, what would it be and why?
10. You find a magic lamp with a genie who grants you three wishes. What do you do?
11. Why do you blog?
Oh my goodness, that took 11 hours! Thanks again to Laura and congrats to all who now have been bestowed my questions, can’t wait to read your answers.