Those that know Stephanie would most likely tell you she has a few quirks about her that make her unique (sometimes entertaining or possibly strange). Below are some of the fun idiosyncrasies particular to her, that you may not pick up on her from her writings.
- Stephanie talks to animals like a Princess from a Disney movie. When addressing said animals, she properly refers to them as “Mr. or Mrs.” (insert type of animal here). Example: “Hello Mr. Cat, you’re looking awfully stray today. Perhaps you would like to accompany me home and enjoy a delicious can of tuna?” This is normally when the animal scurries away and Stephanie shakes her fist at Disney movies and cries.
- Stephanie loves all things Disney, movies included. Her favorite Disney Princess is Sleeping Beauty. She will run to beat small children into line for a picture with her. She will also let all little girls dressed up as Sleeping Beauty know that they are the intelligent ones. (Take that, Cinderella!)
- She has a terrible fear of fish. All fish. Nemo, goldfish and guppies included. Although her biggest fear of dying is being eaten by a shark, she refuses to swim in the ocean in the “shallow end” due to fear of being eaten by a bunch of little fish.
- Stephanie thinks all concerns listed above are completely logical and totally acceptable. Laugh now, but when you are eaten by a group of guppies, don’t say she didn’t warn you (consider yourself warned).
- When anxious and attempting to remain calm (especially in bad driving conditions), Stephanie sings (loudly and off-key). To be exact, she sings one song only, Baby It’s Cold Outside.
- Unfortunately, Stephanie has a bad habit of picking up on accents…instantly and unintentionally. English, Australian, Southern, Sarah Palin- you name it and she can speak it… only when not trying. This can lead to embarrassing situations when the person she is parroting knows her accent is fake, and she cannot stop speaking in it. Awkward.
- Someone (we won’t name names), has been known to eat gallons of ice cream by herself in 24 hour timeframes, entire cakes in only a few days, and her dinner date’s dessert as well as her own…with no regrets.
- Steph’s peripheral vision is slightly less than stellar. Occasionally, (every other day) she may walk into doors, walls, poles, chairs, desks, counters, people, and just about anything else that she thinks she is two feet away from but really isn’t.
- Her favorite meal to go out for is breakfast, and her favorite restaurant for breakfast is Denny’s. She orders pancakes with strawberries (puree, not freshly sliced) and whipped cream with a chocolate milk (large glass thank you, I am not a child!).
- Every Month on the 11th she celebrates her “Unbirthday,” except for the month when the 11th is her actual birthday.
- Thinks odd numbers are good luck and even numbers are bad luck. Will only sit in an odd row when flying.
- Collects journals and pads of paper- but does not write in them to avoid “ruining” them. Has “ugly” notebooks set aside just for destroying with note taking.
- When betting on sporting events, Stephanie picks the team that she feels the mascot would win should they be tested Deadliest Warrior style against one another. Orlando Magic? They don’t stand a chance unless it is against Harry Potter.
Stephaniesyncrasies is a constantly evolving page as new things are discovered and some old tendencies die out after recognition. Check back to read new additions, or get a decent laugh. Because if you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? (Answer: Everyone else).